Monday, August 6, 2012

5 am Surprise


 I can honestly say that I was floored this morning. It had been a long night without any sign of sleep. I busied myself with my usual round of insomnia fueled adventures (browsing YouTube for new music, lessons on how to play instruments that I don't even own, pranks, fart jokes, etc). Then it was on to Facebook to see what was going on in the world of my friends... then I saw something.

If you look at the top, left portion of this page, you will see a banner of an angry looking chap by the name of David Moody. Clicking on this picture will take you to a Facebook group called Moody's Survivors. Within this group are fans and authors. Many of the authors are up-and-comers while many are also some of today's heavy hitters of the horror genre. This all boils down to an event called “The Survivor Awards.” As I checked the results to see how my picks did, I saw my name on the list. Best Horror Novella: Sticks And Stones by Charlie Morgan. I had to check and make damn sure that I wasn't asleep.

This means a great deal to me because of what I said earlier. The group is filled with fans and authors. Many of the authors are part of the reason that I write these things to begin with. Sticks And Stones was voted on by the readers. The very people that I do this for. And that, my friends, makes it all worth it.

In closing, let me just say this to the fine folks at Moody's, thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it and helped me turn a very dark portion of my life into something positive.

You can view all of the results by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment