Monday, October 14, 2013

Speechless

As of this writing, I am truly speechless. I'm a poor country boy from a small town in North Carolina that nobody's heard of. I grew up reading the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark books by Alvin Schwartz (they're still my all time favorites) and R.L. Stine. That was my youth. Naturally, the time came when I began writing my own stories to scare people. The first, that I can remember, was called The Halloween House. It was basically a ripoff of Night of the Demons but more tales followed. I pulled an old typewriter from the barn, bought a new ribbon and off I went. I always felt best when I was writing. Still do.

Doing this was never about money. I knew the chances of me becoming rich from this stuff was pretty slim. I just wanted to tell my stories and share them with the world. Today, I get to live that dream. As of right now, my first ever young adult horror story, A Cold Night In Fouke is sitting at #3 on Amazon's YA Horror best seller list and has broke the top 50 of general horror. I honestly never thought I would write those words. Ever. It's also selling in countries I've never reached before.

Not bad for a hick from the mountains that was told it would never happen.

To all of those who have supported me, been there for my ups and downs, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It really does mean everything to me.

I couldn't ask for a better group of people. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment