Sunday, October 2, 2011

Woohoooo! I'm back online! NEW UPDATES

STICKS AND STONES

Computer problems have prevented me from keeping up with this page. Now it seems that all of the problems have been resolved and I can get back to work.

So, first up is an update on  my novelette "Sticks and Stones." I'm hard at work doing edits and fixing goofs (considering the entire story was written on a cell phone office app, there was a ton). Anyway it will be released on Amazon in the near future (hopefully before Halloween) as a deluxe edition which will contain "The Legend of the Mountain Devils" which are the true accounts which inspired "Sticks and Stones" and "Just In Sight."

Also, I've decided to do something a bit different with this one. In the past I have designed my own covers (Carcass, Just In Sight, Night Owls, and a new cover for Carcass II which is floating in some sort of limbo at the moment). This time the cover is being designed by, the very talented, Jason R. Fowler. Keep your eyes on this page for that in the near future.

SOUL SURVIVORS


Here is a promo poster for the upcoming anthology Soul Survivors: Hometown Tales Volume 1

If you would like a high resolution copy to print off and pass around, you can download the image on Knightwatch Press' main page by clicking HERE

The book will feature my zombie apocalypse tale "Birthday Wish" and is slated for release on October 31, 2011 with Volume 2 to follow in Spring 2012

dieTUNES

I have been asked several times, "what do you like to listen to when you write?" Well, it really depends on my mood, location and what's going on in the story. There are certain songs that always play in the background before writing to help me relax and focus. So I decided that I would compile a list of my 'writing soundtrack.'

Sully Erna's Avalon is a great choice to get relaxed and it really does get the juices flowing nicely.
Type O Negative is really a jack of all trades band when it comes to writing. During the course of one of their albums you can find fuel for atmosphere, emotional scenes, action, humor, dark humor and utter doom.
Otep is perfect for working on high energy scenes and dark subjects.
Murderdolls/Wednesday 13 for the "cut loose, give it Hell and have fun" kind of story.
Tool/A Perfect Circle for the dark and brooding apocalypse type.
Blackmore's Night is good for adding elements of fantasy.
Godsmack I'm a Godsmack fanatic therefore there is always room for Godsmack!
All That Remains is good for characters who need to build courage to power forward. Fear Factory is good for this as well.

Well, there you have it. Those are my most frequent plays while writing.

That's all for now but keep your eyes peeled for more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment