Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hell is just warming up

Cover sneak for CUT AND RUN: STICKS AND STONES PART II

The original Sticks is still very dear to me. It helped me through a marriage that was on its last legs and long periods of depression were spent pounding away at the keyboard to churn out what I thought was going to be just another story. In ways, I was.right. In others...so very wrong!
Sticks and Stones went on to be a beast. Ravenous and vicious as it moved up the amazon.com horror top 100. In the end, it reached a peak of #19 in the US and won an award for best novella. I was floored!
There has always been plans to continue the story. I could have left it as it was, with the hulking beasts staring down RJ Laymon's logging crew, and never looked back. But it wouldn't leave me. No matter what story I worked on, the creatures of the Lowe Road were always there glaring at me with fire in their eyes and begging for another round. Well... their time is coming. Welcome back to the Lowe Road, ladies and gentlemen. And prepare yourselves.
HELL IS JUST WARMING UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment