Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Some Other Time - Fun Facts

I always like to give fun facts along with anything that I write. Some Other Time is a zombie story with a slight twist (which I'm not giving away). It also has a romantic touch to it. A young man risking life and limb to reach the woman he
 loves. That part is kinda true. I am in the process of planning a trip to see that very woman and every penny made from the book gets me closer. The book itself is a metaphor of sorts to people who are in a long distance relationship. Now don't let that scare you off. There is no mushy Twilight feel. I assure you that the book is pure horror. There are also a few scenes that are very dark simply because they are from some very dark times in my life. For the first time ever, I was able to bring myself to the point where I could write about the car accident which nearly claimed my life. I was the sole survivor and that day has haunted me ever since. There were some other things as well that were difficult for me to dig back into and put on the page. I'm glad I did. Since then I have felt much better. 



The fire department in the book is based on my department, Green River Fire and Rescue. I wanted to give them a shout out, especially since they helped save my life. 



If you are from or have ever been to Hendersonville NC, you will probably notice several familiar places along the busy bend of Kanuga like IQ Tattoo and Hot Dog World.



One final thing...you can blame Sandy Shelonchik for eating the last stray peanut.



That being said, I hope you will give this one a try. It is now out on Kindle and paperback and should help fill your need for zombies after Halloween (or during if you have a kindle).


No comments:

Post a Comment